The School is Affiliated to the C.B.S.E in April – 2008 St. Francis Convent School, Sikandra
Agra U.P is an unaided Christian School owned by the Institute of the Clarist Franciscan
Sisters of the Most Blessed Sacrament founded by Mother Seraphina Farolfi in 1898.
The institution is registered under the Societies Registration Act. XXI 1860.
The school began functioning in April 2003 with small number of pupil on roll and
has made remarkable progress within a short span. It was affiliated to the C.B.S.E
in 2008. It caters chiefly to the children from service class (middle class) with
an option for the poor as envisaged by the Mother Foundress. The aim of St. Francis'
School is to impart training in all the fields, namely, academic, physical, cultural,
spiritual and moral and to awaken the creative interest, attitudes, values and skills
of the students and to enable each one to be a self motivated person, capable of
making a difference in his /her neighbourhood.
Hence St. Francis School is Community
of learning in which all members, students, staff and parents participate. Students
are exposed to social issues of Justice, peace, concern for the underprivileged
and the environment.
The school is committed to giving students a sense of God,
a sense of Sacredness of life and the need for sound spiritual ethos.
It is committed
the whole year round through its projects and programmes to inspire its students
to grow into good men and women with a strong sense of family, social and national
responsibility and to remain deeply rooted in one's own cultural identity but open
to appreciate and welcome all that is good in the culture of the other.